Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Craft #5 - Tissue Box Cover contemplation

Originally I was going to write about how I was given a free skein of yarn.  I thought I'd try to crochet a pair of socks out of it.  They'd have to be short socks, because I only have one skein in that color.  So, I started the socks.  I was almost finished with the first one when I noticed I had used more than half the skein.  Epic failure.  I cannot think of anything else to do with that particular skein.  Although I did consider an umbrella holder... except my umbrella is big, and it's snow season right now.  So, I moved on to a different project and a different skein of yarn.  And this is what I came up with...


It's always such a chore to find the right color tissue box to match the room it's going to be in.  Maybe it doesn't matter to anyone else, but I think it just looks tacky to have a decorated bathroom and a non-matching, cardboard tissue box.  Sometimes I even buy my tissues in different brands just to get the right colors.  I've considered buying a cover that matches my interior.  But that can get pricey if you like to change your colors often.  So, I've decided it's time to make one.  However, it has to be versatile in case I buy a different size/shape box, correct?  This is going to take a little extra thought.  I would like the project to be knit, and I was tossing around the idea of making it a patchwork project.  I'm definitely going to have to get back to this idea, because I don't actually know how I want to do it yet.


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment