Monday, January 3, 2011

Craft #3 - Long & Skinny Knit Scarf --Completed!

Today I put my crochet hook down for the sake of knitting a scarf.  Someone asked for a homemade scarf, so I promised to take care of that sometime after Christmas.  I suppose it's after Christmas now :).  Normally I crochet because I'm faster at it, but I'm always up for a challenge.  For this scarf I am using Bernat Roving in the Bark color with size 11 knitting needles.  I also am flying by the seat of my pants for this pattern, and because I'm pretty much a novice at knitting, it's completely unoriginal.





Long & Skinny Knit Scarf
This pattern has been posted by Krafty-Lyn.  Please only use it for gifts, donation, or personal use. Thank-you.
Long & Skinny Knit Scarf on Twitpic

Materials
Bernat Roving yarn
Size 11 knitting needles


Cast on 10
Rows 1-4: K1 P1.  Turn at the end of each row.
Rows 5 and on: Knit every row until the scarf is the desired length minus the last four rows. (I made mine 6 feet long)
Last 4 rows: P1 K1
Bind off.




As a side note- If you're looking for help with your knitting, crocheting, sewing, or anything else out of a long list of crafty things, CyberSeams is a fantastic resource. They also have a YouTube channel with very clear videos.  That's how I learned how to knit properly, so I give them two thumbs up!


P.S. If you happened to catch Craft #2- Crochet Micro-Preemie Bonnet before I had the pattern finished, it's done and posted now.  Pictures will be up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment