Monday, January 10, 2011

Craft #10 - Boston Cream Pie --Completed (not picture-worthy)!

Alright, so maybe some people don't count cooking or baking as a craft, but I'm going to.  I actually made a killer casserole tonight as well, but I've made casserole before.  I've never tackled anything quite like Boston Cream Pie, though.


I used the recipe from Cooks.com, and thought it went pretty well.  I also learned a few things:
1. A double-layer cake is not two full 13x9 cakes.  Good thing I decided to make a full cake and cut it in half anyway.
2. When you see that the recipe calls for 3-4 tsp of water, you might also notice it doesn't say when or where to add the water.  I figured out quickly that it needed to go into the chocolate mixture when there was way too much powdered sugar for the small amount of chocolate that was melted from a wrapped square of Unsweetened Baker's Chocolate.
3. I would definitely make more chocolate next time.  There wasn't quite enough to spread evenly over it.  Then there would also be extra to spread around the outside as well! :) :) :)


All in all, it went pretty well.  But it was not worthy of a picture.  You'll just have to take my word that it tasted absolutely scrumptious


What will I do with my left-over time tonight?  Finish up some of my previous crafts, of course! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment